Changing email and Windows 8...

So, I've been an Xbox live member for many years (7? I think? Don't feel like looking right now). I recently purchased a Windows 8 computer, and when asked to create a Microsoft account using my current email, I did. It is a gmail account.

I did not have this same email 7 years ago when I created my xbox live account. It is currently the ONLY email I use. I keep access to the yahoo email I used to make my live account for obvious reasons, but I'll only check it if I need to.

My question is, can I change my xbox live email address to my current gmail account and phase out my yahoo address that my gamertag is currently linked to?

This would also allow me to take advantage of the Xbox integration in Windows 8.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Have you tried out the OFFICIAL BILLING SITE? I believe that is the only way to change the email tied to your XBL account without having to call up support.

But if that still doesnt work, you can call 1-800-4MY-XBOX or use the support/contact us tab on the top right corner of this site.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Yes you can, there is a way to change the Microsoft account attached to your gamertag.

The question is, is that gmail account that you want to use currently tied to an active gamertag?

If it isn't it will make this process pretty quick, if it is then we may have a long wait on our hands.

Let me know, Cheers!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.