Changing email addresses

I want to change the email address for this gamertag (as this is the gamertag I primarily use) to my primary Microsoft email. However, my primary Microsoft email is currently  being used by an old gamertag that I had created years ago on a friend's console. How do I make the change? I feel like there's going to be a lot of legwork.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Hi there Hornet, here are a few tips I can think of:

First off, try to remember the Email and Password of the old account.

If you cannot, go to account.live.com and click 'Can't access your account?'. I'm assuming since you want to change the e-mail to the old one, you can still access the e-mail.

Then, use a different e-mail that is not linked to a Windows LIVE ID (after you've completed the recovery steps) and set it to that.

Then, on your primary account (which you want to change to the old e-mail), just change it to your old e-mail, and that should be all :)

Hope I helped! Have a nice day!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi,

As you said there is a bit of legwork involved. If you want to change your account you can do this fairly simply on the xbox with the steps in this help page.

support.xbox.com/.../switch-gamertag-to-different-microsoft-account

However since you want to change to an account which is already associated with an gamertag, you are going to have to play a bit of roulette. You will need t o create another email account to change your old gamertag to, since the is going to be a throwaway it can be whatever. Once you have changed your account on your old gamertag, you should then be able to change your current gamertag to your old, correct email address

Sorry this didn't help.

Alright then. Thank you both for your help.

Sorry this didn't help.