I'm sure plenty of others on here have done something similar in the past or are currently going through this tedious frustrating method of changing the gamer tags associated email address.
I'll set out a few points:
- I bought an xbox 360 years ago. Created a gamer tag on an email address separate to my primary hotmail account (I didn't like the idea of junk).
- As stated in 1, I have a primary hotmail account.
- I sold my xbox about a year ago.
- I now have windows 8 on a couple of devices.
- I want my gamer tag associated with my primary hotmail (as windows 8 log in and xbox gamer tags are all linked together now).
- I tried to switch it online, but it wouldn't let me.
- I logged in with my primary hotmail on the xbox live website to see what the problem was or if I had an account on it already. It went and created an account for me without prompting me.
- I found out it is only possible to switch accounts on an xbox, not via any other method.
- I have spent months swtiching around the accounts from accounts.
- It is now 33 days since the last action and it will still not let me move my gamer tag from point 1 to my primary hotmail address even though I moved the temp one from it 33 days ago to another live email address.