Changing country?

Is it possible to change country? becouse on my sign on i chose UK.... well I dont live in UK .... so a little help?

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Well it depends what country you live in . Generally you cannot change the region of an account once set . However if you live in one of the 9 new xbox live regions you can migrate the account only to those 9 regions otherwise you will have to create a new account. Please read the warnings as it cannot be reversed

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Can I migrate from Spain to USA ?

Sorry this didn't help.

nope

Sorry this didn't help.

You can only change your country if you live in one of the nine newly added regions to XBL. If you do not then the answer to your question is no.

www.xbox.com/.../1012-AcctMigrationFaq.htm

Your only recourse would be to create a region correct account, provided that you actually live in that region. Creating an account for a region you do not live in is a violation of the XBL Terms of Service and could result in enforcement action being taken against your account(s).

Sorry this didn't help.

Creating a account for a country you do not live in is not against TOS and never has been. However using that account in another country can pose problems especially where dlc is concerned you can fix this by making a new silver account. You can then use this account to download all your dlc which can then be used on both accounts.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey W1LD SEVEN, remember how there used to be a thread about this which was about 5 years old? And Microsoft still hadn't got around to solving the problem? Yeah my link to it doesn't work any more. Guess they wanted to sweep it under the carpet lol!

Sorry this didn't help.

its not a problem

the migration tool is only for new regions

the conditions of the migration tool make it impossible to have it widespread use (forfeiture of all download history)

not to mention pal and ntsc and language issues which make the new dlc that is avialable in the new market incompatible  with your old stuff

Sorry this didn't help.

WildSeven said: Creating a account for a country you do not live in is not against TOS and never has been.

Actually it is and has always been against the Terms of Service. The following will clear this matter up for everyone:

How you may not use the service;

-Create a false identity for the purpose of misleading others;

If you live in say Germany but say you live in the USA you would be misleading MS to get around region restrictions on Marketplace content. There would be no other reason to create an account for a region you do not live in other than to get around region restrictions.

Of course I have never seen the XBL PET take action against someone for doing so, even though it is in their Terms of Service, I guess it isn't a big deal to them. In which case they should just make all of XBL region free and then they wouldn't have to have that clause in the Terms of Service. I guess only some of the rules are only worth enforcing rather than ALL of the rules. But the FACT remains it is still against their rules and could result in enforcement action if/when caught. (Posting in their official forums about it isn't a very smart idea to avoid that action either).

Sorry this didn't help.

Once again creating a account for another country is not against any rules. Temhotabot what you post is false identity and nothing to do with it. That's calling yourself Barney Rubble when your real names Fred Flintstone. Also its not misleading in any sense. I believe we had this conversation before

Sorry this didn't help.

Oh and point and fact there is no way to fool region restrictions. You can create a account for another country but region restrictions still apply if applicable. Feel free to counter trust in the fact that both myself and other users have lived with this situation for a long time temhotabot and we know exactly how the rules and TOS apply to using out of country accounts.

Sorry this didn't help.