Changing an e-mail on an account

My daughter put in an incorrect e-mail on her account.  I am trying to change that information but I cannot access her Sign because of the e-mail information.  I spoke with someone in the support area on Saturday and they were going to send me an Form to fill out to get that corrected but I never got the e-mail (checked spam and junk mail).  Where can I access this form on you website?

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 9 Applies to:

Hi,

I believe this would be the form that you would be getting sent to.

That's the only way I know how to change the e-mail without being able to access the previous one. 

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Once you have the password for the account you can change the email address linked to the account using the console (though it's not entirely necessary since you can add a valid email address to the account to help you recover it in the future).

If you do want to change the email address for the account you need to make a microsoft account and it needs to exist for 30 days. The gamertag you want to change over will also have to exist on the console for 30 days.

To create a microsoft account go to account.live.com - don't create one through xbox.com and don't sign in on xbox.com with the new account once it is created. - If you do it will create a random gamertag and you can only have 1 gamertag per email address. After you change your account you will be able to sign in on xbox.com etc.

When you get to account.live.com select sign up > enter your information > under microsoft account where it says "*** Email address is removed for privacy ***" put in an email address you want to use. It can be any email address.

After it has existed as a microsoft account you can change it on the console - sign into your current gamertag > settings > account > scroll twice to the right towards your information > account security > change microsoft account.

Then just follow the steps by entering the old and new emails and passwords and it will change them over.

Another option is just to sign in on account.live.com with the current email address (even if it has a spelling mistake) and the password once you recover it, go to security info - if it wants to send you a code to verify you can use an option you have access to or select "I don't have these anymore". If you select you don't have these anymore it will ask you to enter details you have access to and trigger a 30 day wait period before they are attached to the account.

If you can receive a code simply put the code in then add + verify an email address and contact number.

If you have the password but when you try to login and head to security info and the only option it has is "I can't verify my account" you will need to do a password reset to unlock the account, it will automatically take you to the same place as "I can't use any of these options" as stated below...

If you need to do a password reset just follow the link Hassassinade posted, if you can't send yourself a reset link due to the typo in the email address select "I can't use any of these options". If you get a negative response saying that you filled in insufficient information contact support and they might be able to help you.

One or more of the above will resolve the issue. Sorry if it just seems like a bad giant wall of text though :)

Sorry this didn't help.

Thirty days........thank you, I have been looking for hours as to why my Xbox email address hasn't changed yet after changing it. Why is not stated on any of the Xbox help? Again thanks.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey J JIM ZF!

Happy to hear you are up and running! Since this is an older thread, be sure to post a new thread if you need assistance in the future. Thanks! :)

Sorry this didn't help.