Changing Adult Account

What are you trying to do? Change the adult account on a child account.
Any error code/message you are receiving. None.
Account region. USA 
What steps have you already tried? Posting in the forums before.

Is there a way to remove the parent account associated with my account and add a new parent account?  The parent account owner won't give me the parent account's password, so I might be out of contact for that.  ALSO, my Xbox was STOLEN, so I DO NOT have access to the Xbox itself.  I really would like to know how I can change the parent account or make it accessible by changing the parent account's Microsoft Account that's associated with the Gamer Tag, or better yet change the Account AND Gamer Tag and swap it with the current parent account.

Anyways, please help, and thank you.

Sincerely,

Jared

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Help help help help help help help help.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hey there Jared! The only way to change the parent account for a Child requires you to be able to log into the Parent Account. If you cannot do that, then you wouldn't be able to change it. You could contact us via chat or phone and speak to an account agent. They may be able to assist. Let us know, thanks!

Sorry this didn't help.

If I do have the password, how do I do it?

Sorry this didn't help.

You have to download the profile of the adult account, go over to settings on the dashboard (not the guide menu) and then the family tile. Then they can remove you.  I believe as soon as you sign into your own account it'll ask for a new parental email & password

I AM NOT A MICROSOFT EMPLOYEE NOR FORUM MODERATOR. However I do know a lot about acct recovery.

Sorry this didn't help.

The classic way to solve a Family Pack change is to cancel the family pack and make a new one.

Since the Xbox was solten, I would suggest you call an Xbox LIVE agent and  http://support.xbox.com/contact-us?xr=footnav#0:3 will invoke the screen which allows you to Request A Call which is the fastest way to get in touch.

You can also choose option 2 after dialing your national support number, listed at http://tinyurl.com/XBLnumbers

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks. I will chat with the support then and see if they can remove it.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey JaredThinks! Let us know how it goes by posting back in this thread, we'll be here for any further questions!

Sorry this didn't help.

Xbox support cannot do this for you. At all. Promoting an account to adult is something that can only be done by the account owner. IF YOU ARE OVER THE AGE OF 18 there is a process to "Promote Account" to adult. You have to do it on the console, sign in as yourself, if you don't have a console you need to go to a friend's, download your profile (requiring your email & password). Then go over to Settings:Account/Account Mangement:then arrow over to the right twice to "Your Information, underneath BIlling Information, Account Security, & Policy Documents you should see "Promote Account' if you are eligible in the country you are in and you gave the correct date. It'll ask for a valid CC which it won't charge. IF you are underage then you will need to do the steps that were advised above of downloading the parental profile and removing yourself from the family.  I noticed your last post said you had the password. If you don't and they don't care about the MSA password you could reset it so you could use it and do the steps above, but that's if you can access any of their proofs, or hopefully you know the security question that was set up because in all likely hood you set it up for them. Good Luck

I AM NOT A MICROSOFT EMPLOYEE NOR FORUM MODERATOR. However I do know a lot about acct recovery.

Sorry this didn't help.