Changing account associated with gamertag

Hello, my gamertag is XxLONExWULFxX and the account that is attached to my gamertag no longer exists so I've been trying to change it to my new account on the 360 dashboard and every time i type in the information it begins to load then immediately tells me sorry we cant change your account information at this time for more info go to xbox/accountswap, but every time i try to go to the page it says the page you are looking for could not be found or doesnt exist.......what am i supposed to do about this, getting pretty irritated.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 7 Applies to:

You get the following error message when you try to change your Microsoft account information:

Sorry, we can’t change your Microsoft account right now

This might mean that it’s been less than 30 days since you made your last account change. You can make only one Microsoft account change for any Xbox Live gamertag every 30 days.

Note You must also wait 30 days after your gamertag is downloaded from Xbox Live before you can switch that gamertag to a different Microsoft account.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

But ive never switched accounts before, this is my first time doing so as the original account i had that doesnt exist anymore was also my very first account.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey LoneWulf,

You will need access to the Microsoft account that is currently associated with your Xbox profile to move it to a different Microsoft Account. If you aren't able to access the current Microsoft account then you may need to create a new Microsoft account and contact phone support for further assistance.

Sorry this didn't help.

Let me rephrase my question, the email linked to my xbox live account has been deleted, my new email is the one i want linked to my account, when i sign in to xbox live i see my non existing email address in the top right corner, all i want to do is change the Email that is linked to my account. Is there any way i can do this without creating a new account???

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey Wulf,

Okay, thanks for the clarification.

We may be able to do this without having to create a new account.

First, I would recommend trying our Account Recovery Tool to see if we can get back that original e-mail address.

If you're not able to complete that, then your next best bet will be to contact Phone Support as Mister Balloons suggested. They'll be best equipped to work with you and try to sort things out. Make sure to have the service number of the recovery tool so they hopefully won't ask you the same questions. 

Sorry this didn't help.