Changed my GamerTag while playing Dark Souls and lost my 120h Savefile.

While playing Dark Souls I changed my GamerTag (first change is free) from the original and randomly created GT into one that I authored myself.
The next time I started the game I found out that the Save file is tied to the specific GT and since I had change my GT, my save file of ~120h worth of playtime couldn't be loaded.

It was first after searching the internet trying to figure out what was wrong that I learned through unofficial forums that the save file is tied to its specific GT. After learning this I just figured that I'd change it back since I put a whole lot of effort and time into that character. However, when trying to change my GT back I learned that it now cost me 15€!

I was never informed of the defect that the save files are bound to the specific GT and frankly I don't care that much what my GT is, I just want my save file back and I feel it's wrong that I should have to pay 15€ just to have it back.

Is there any administrator here that can help me with the issue?

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 29 Applies to:

Saves are tied to specific Microsoft accounts but changing the tag should not affect your ability to load a saved game on that account.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.