Changed gamertag, now I can't connect to friends and vise versa.

I changed my gamertag on the 7th. For the first 12 hours (just a random guestimate) I could join my friends, we'd all be in parties, but my friends all saw my old gamertag in their friends list. I got off after playing MW3 for a good 4 or 5 hours, took a break for the evening, and then got back on last night. My friends could now see my new gamertag in their friends list, but I couldn't join their games or parties, nor do I get pop ups when I get message or game invites. It's only after I turn my xbox off and then back on, do I see those messages. I called support last night and they said it's happened before, but they don't know the real issue behind. They had me shut down my system and internet for 5 minutes+ and when i got back on it worked for the rest of the night (I lost connection on the phone when I turned everything off, because I forgot that the place I live it right now use internet connection for the phone system). Anyways, I got back on today and it's doing it again. I don't know what's going on. MW3 just came out and I'm having problems due to xbox issues. Please help.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Hey Spektre! The issue regarding not being able to receive messages on the console is known, and we are working on it. You can check out that thread here: forums.xbox.com/.../117565.aspx

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for the response Gwyther. Will definitely keep my eye on that thread.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.