Change Windows Live ID Error

Ok.  Wtf is going on.

First of all, I only have a silver account.  I only want to get on to get system updates.  When I try to log on to xbox live with my account I get a message that says "your parent's windows live ID isn't valid"

Let me say at this point that I am 21 years old, and my gamertag/windows live account has my correct birthdate.  And that this is the only account which has ever been on xbox live so I really don't know how it could have a "parent's" account associated with it...

So I go along with this thing and enter my window's live account email and password and give it a different email to change it to.  Then I give it a new password.  Everything works fine and I come to a verify information page.  The only thing left to do is click "continue".

Already celebrating my mental victory over this demon box, I eagerly press the A button with all my strength.  Nothing happens.  The button reacts and makes a nice little "hey you pressed it" noise.  But the screen does nothing.  I am stuck.

Does anyone else have this problem?  Am I going insane?

I have since gone online and changed all my passwords.  Messed with all my settings on the xbox site and the windows live ID site.  Nowhere on either does it say I have a parent's account.

Rage building...

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

The only solution is to create a new account.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Did you create the account before you were 18? You may need to Promote your account, which is under Account Management.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.