Change the account region

I have an Australian account which will be expired on 1st May. But I am now living in Hong Kong, I could not change the account region due to I could not receive the sms with my Australian number. 

Is it any alternative way to change the region before the account expires because I do not want to stop playing even 1 day.

Please let me know if you have a solution.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 16 Applies to:

Hi PC, try support.xbox.com/.../change-region for the guide to changing your account region.

Also note you won’t be able to change your region if any of the following conditions apply:

•You changed regions within the last three months.

•Your account is currently suspended (for example, if the credit card on one of your subscriptions has expired).

•You have an Xbox 360 Entertainment For All contract.

•You are a minor (as defined by applicable law) in your current region and will not be a minor in the region that you want to change to.

•You are currently not a minor (as defined by applicable law) in your current region and will become a minor in the region that you want to change to.

Good luck, let us know how you get on.

If you get seriously stuck the Support team are available online and always helpful via this link support.xbox.com/.../contact-us

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hey Max, I was stuck in the security section which asked me the key in the code that will only be sent to my registered number. The number could not be changed until 1st May which the date my account expired. But thank you anyways.

Can someone from MS answer this question for me?

Sorry this didn't help.

Then you must update your proofs

Like your drivers license you should always keep your personal info upto date

I do so every 6months even my password gets changed every 6months 

Follow the security faq for info on how to keep that info upto date and update your security proofs

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi PC, is your Aus number the only proof you have on the account?? If so you will need to speak with Support team, someone from support will likely post on this thread but can't guarantee when that will be.

There is a helpful guide to security proofs here - support.xbox.com/.../security-proofs and it also includes a link to getting help on issues similar to yours but not sure if they will help you if you only have that one proof...

ng makes a good point, keeping your proofs up to date regularly is the best way to avoid this sort of situation, a moot point for your current troubles but good to keep in mind for future reference.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey Max and ngocphi, unfortunately my Au number is the only proof...

I have updated it before I posted this thread, said will update on 1st May.

And yeah, you guys are making sense, I will now do everything that way to avoid the future inconvenience. Again thank you anyways

Will try to speak to the support team if possible. Does anyone of you know the email address of them? Couldnt find it from nowhere.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi PC, if you go to the Contact Us page found under the support header at the top of the page you will find the information that you need. Just choose, Xbox Live, then Other.

Email is not a great choice, I suggest chat with the Support team or tweet them @XboxSupport. Alternatively, I think you should be able to request a call back.

Goodluck

Sorry this didn't help.