Change the account from US to Europe (Germany)

Hey guys. In the past few days I've had terrible experience with the service and couldn't find any solution.

I have a windows Live ID account that has been made in the past. I live in Germany, but my region is set to US, which I can't recall if it was by default or if I set it on purpose like that (which would be kind of stupid, don't you think?).

I want to change my region to Germany but I can't see how this is possible.

I read everything in the forum (Managing accounts), in the Billing information (billing.microsoft_or_something.com), found out that there is only phone support for Games for Windows Live (which sucks, I don't plan to call the US) and tried everything else I could think of and I can't! Now, having an account with this region is fine but I cannot add MSpoints because the minute I click on redeem code I get reverted to the first page (tried with 3 browsers) and when I try to buy points in the conventional way it wants my US address.

So, when I choose "migrate accounts" I get a list of countries like Hungary, Russia and China or something but I do not get Germany. I read that 'Xbox live' is not available in Germany'. I decided for the sake of completeness, to change the region down on the page and then create a new account. On the next step, it is asking me for a land and I choose Germany and everything is fine and working - I can buy stuff, redeem code, etc. (that is what happend with my US account probably, as I always choose English as a language and it has probably set it for US by default).

Yet I do not want to start all over again with my game (AOEO, I wanted to buy premium content), so is there a way, to get it to work for Germany, with my original account? 

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

I'm afraid that it isn't possible at the present time to migrate from the US to Germany, just the new countries that recently became officially supported. Since you have a German account, simply download DLC with that and it'll be available for use under your main tag, avatar items excluded of course.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Ohhh, that is a pity! Thanks anyways!

P.s., so you mean, if I buy points with the German account, buy the premium content, install it and then log in with my US account it would work? Because Age of Empires Online requires login to play and when I log with my German account all the progress is gone, so I wonder If I get a premium pack wouldn't it be only for this account (it is an online game, I see this perfectly working for a standalone game).

Sorry this didn't help.

It should work with your US account if you purchase it with your German one. DLC bought, and downloaded, works perfectly well with one account works perfectly for me on another when playing my GFWL games.

Sorry this didn't help.