Change of Gamertag

Hi there,

I made the Windows Live account a very long time ago when I first played some sort of Windows PC Game (I think it was the Sims) and ever since then I've been stuck with the silly choice that I made on the spot (iambengreen)

When I finally got an Xbox and XBL I had a few issues with something else and phoned the helpline. Spoke to a very kind Irish man who solved my issue, and at the end offered me a free change because it has my real name in the GT and it is easy for people to find me (and possibly stalk, abuse etc) and something about privacy. I couldn't think of something suitable on the top so I said I would leave it for now.

I've decided what I would like it changed to because I believe I can't get hold of the same man that I spoke to when I first called the helpline a little while ago (month or so)

May sound a bit redic to some, but I would however like my GT changed to 'Young Man Green' (if anyone does actually shed some ounce of interest, it is because my brother's is something similar and therefore we feel 'fitting' in online co-op games like L4D2 :P) and this would eliminate any privacy issues.

Thank you for reading, and thank you again in advance if some progress has been made whilst I'm away. (I.e waking up to find it's all been changed for me.... :D)

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

If people took the time to actually read the contracts that they so readily agree to. The XBL Terms of Service and Code of Conduct tell us what we can and can not do while using the Live service.

You could try calling support but they don't have the authority to issue a Forced Name Change. That is left to the XBL Policy Enforcement Team. The only way they can be reached is via the tools on your console. What you would have to do is have someone on your friends list, only one, not ten, and have them file a complaint against your GT as it does violate the Code of Conduct, specifically:

• Don't give out personal information of other players (such as their real name, address, phone number, credit card number, etc.) in any way (including, without limitation, through voice chat or the names you create for your gamertag or mottos). This information could be used by other players for illegal or harmful purposes. You should also avoid giving out your own personal information.

Then be patient. If the XBL PET deem it necessary you will be given a FNC to correct it. Otherwise you will be stuck with it until you pony up 800 msp to change it.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

You cannot just request a free gamertag change. The support on the phone only change your gamertag for free since it was for privacy issues and/or your one and only free gamertag change.

So unfortunately you cannot just ask for a FNC.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.