Change Live Country

Please update it so you can change your Billing information country.  I created an account, started playing games, and now I wanted to subscribe to live/buy ms points.  Im not able to do this because for some reason my account is set to US country.

When I set up the live id, I set it canada.  The regisered email attached to the id was set up to Canada.

Now, after being on the phone with support, I am told theres nothing I can do but create a new live id, gamertag and lose my gamerscore.

After searching the net for resolutions, I am confident I am not the only one that this has happened to... why cant we change it? Why can't support change it?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

[quote user="Alpha Crisis N7"]

Please update it so you can change your Billing information country.  I created an account, started playing games, and now I wanted to subscribe to live/buy ms points.  Im not able to do this because for some reason my account is set to US country.

When I set up the live id, I set it canada.  The regisered email attached to the id was set up to Canada.

Now, after being on the phone with support, I am told theres nothing I can do but create a new live id, gamertag and lose my gamerscore.

After searching the net for resolutions, I am confident I am not the only one that this has happened to... why cant we change it? Why can't support change it?

[/quote]

While I can't answer the question as to the why, if the account you're posting from is the account in question I'd create a new account since you won't be loosing much info at all.

Good luck.

--
Juxtapose13

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

this is not fair u need to allow it for autrilia as u are in australia and my country isnt even on ur list yet i know u have an office in australia

Sorry this didn't help.

Actually, Australia is on the list.

www.xbox.com/.../countries

Sorry this didn't help.

When creating an account US is the default country. You must manually select the correct country you live in.

Sorry this didn't help.