Change gamertag

Hi, I'm a PC gamers and now apparently have two accounts, one from when I installed windows 8, and one from ages ago when I bought the PC version of viva piñata, and which was used as a games for windows live account. When making my windows 8 account, I didn't think I could use my GfWL account to make it, hence making a new account. However, when looking at the games tab on the modern UI it created this current gamertag which I'm using. And now I have a problem.

Loosing the games and gamerscore is a mild annoyance, but since GfWL is being killed off, that's not the end of the world. I'm more annoyed about the loss of my gamertag. I logged into my other account, only to get a message that I need to use an xbox 360 to change my gamertag? I'm a PC gamer, I don't have an Xbox, and don't have any plans to buy one either, so are there any other ways to change it? I don't mind what it gets changed to, as long as I can then use the gamertag on this account.

I spoke with live support, and was directed to these forums where they said you should be able to help me. I can provide the account details when required, though is there somewhere I can submit them besides a public forum? I find that putting email addresses on public forums often ends up with an inbox full of spam.

Thanks.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

When you join the site all have a xbox you get to choice a gamertag for free and you can do the same again the 2 time for free after that you can change it but it will cost you if you have two account you can change the name on both like how I have ex  but for ex I had two account one called killer hunter60 and the other called kill hunter 61 as long as you have not change it 2 time you get it free to change both of then but you can only delete you other one if want to on the xbox

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I have no idea if I changed my gamertag in the past, given I made it 7 years ago now. I'm not getting the option to change it though when I try, it just gives me a link to the instructions on how to change it with a console. But either way, given the way that your windows ID/Xbox account are tied into windows 8, requiring an xbox to change your gamer tag is ridiculous. Heck, delete my old account if you have to, since my current one is now tied into my windows install and anything I buy on the windows store, I'm not going to use the old one.

And if you can't do that then I'm happy to just post the email address and password if someone wants to just log in and change the tag. There's nothing of value on there.

Sorry this didn't help.

OK never give your details to anyone I do not want you having trouble with anyone  just call xbox up give them you account name and details and tell them you want to cancail that account I am sorry there is no other way you do need an xbox to do things

Happy gaming

Sorry this didn't help.