Change Email Used For Sign In

How do i change my email account for signing in? The email used is no longer active and i cannot receive the codes to secure my profile. I can no longer play live because of this nonsense. Please give me a better answer than waiting on the phone....

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Go to on your Xbox middle button> over right two times> account management> over right two times> account security> and from there you can change your email

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

You would sign into login.live.com with the same credentials that you use to get into your console/gamer tag once inside you would see that option 'Account Aliases' below that is the email you use to sign in, click on the link below where it says to add or change alias. Go ahead and add an email which you DO have access too and use, go ahead and add it, when you do that you'll have a verify link sent to that email which you will click on and it will be added to your account.

Once that is done, you will click on the option below it and make it primary and boom you're email has changed, you can also delete the other email as well or leave it, the choice is yours.

Hope this helps.

Sorry this didn't help.

I did this* [for other reasons] and now I'm having issues:

• I can log into XBOX Live on the console.
  • I can log in at "hotmail.com"
  • I can log into my computer (Windows 8 feature).
  • I CANNOT log into Games for Windows - Live on PC.

When trying to add a new game to my account  on PC via Games for Windows - Live (Enter ID/PW -> Hit Enter -> Enter Product key -> Check Agreement -> Enter):

• When using my newly linked email, I enter my new ID/PW, hit enter, it goes through, enter product key, then an error message. "Wrong ID or Wrong PW"
  • When attempting old email, I enter my old ID/PW, hit enter, it goes through, enter product key, then an error message. "Wrong PW or Wrong Product Key"

Notes:

• Before this change, my Games for Windows - Live would login automatically. Since the change, I was prompted to sign in. Occurred this error.
  • I have already contacted online support, said it may have been a connection issue and to call tech support -- gave me a phone number to DirectTV.
  • I have already spoken to an ambassador, recommended I either post on forums or create a brand new account.

Edit*: "This" refers to changing the primary alias of my account.

Sorry this didn't help.