Change Country in my xbox-live account?

Hello
I have my account xbox-live, I update my payment details but in country Mexico appears to me and I'm from Peru. How do I change my account country xbox-live?

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 26 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

It's not possible. You would have to create a new account with the correct information.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

and you can delete the account from Xbox-live? because it is associated to my hotmail account?

Sorry this didn't help.

Argh! I have the same problem

Sorry this didn't help.

Account Migration is not possible at this time, and unfortunately account deletion is not available either.

Sorry this didn't help.

I have a similar problem, however with the difference that only the information was entered incorrectly. i entered my country as UK, because i'm english, but i live in mexico. so my xbox live account was registered on a mexican xbox, with a mexican IP address, and i just put "UK" as my country... which was a stupid mistake, as now i can't redeem a mexican xbox live microsoft points code... BUT the country, in reality, is actually the same as the redeem code card -- so why am i not able to change the country in my address, and if putting the wrong country was going to cause problems, why was i allowed to do it? (as the IP address is in mexico, it was obvious i was entering the wrong country). If anyone can help, i'd very extremely grateful! i wanted to receive a phone call from xbox live support, but of course it won't let me enter a mexican phone number to receive the call because the account says i'm in the UK!

Sorry this didn't help.

Prepaid codes can only be redeem in the correct account region they were Purchased in

Meaning Mexican ms points can only be redeemed in a Mexican Account

Noone forced you to select uk that is clearly user error That like telling the cops oh I drove thru a red light cause no car was on front of me Next time take it more seriously

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks for the feedback, but this is the point: I bought the points today in Mexico for my Mexican xbox with a mexican IP address -- only my account information says "UK", but in reality I have only ever had my xbox live account in mexico, it was even set up in mexico using a mexican prepaid redeem code as i live and work here. So everything has always been mexican except my stupid mistake of entering "UK" when i entered my address information, which i did mainly because i change address more often than my parents (so i gave their address in England) plus I wanted everything to be in english (as my spanish is bad)... so i hope somebody knows how to solve the problem as it seems that it shouldn't be such a difficult problem to fix

Sorry this didn't help.

The answer would be the same as before. It's not possible to change the account region to Mexico.

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks Smwutches, you might be right, but I'm waiting to see what they say.... ngocphi, that second part of your comment was unnecessary and not logically relevant or equivalent to my situation. Firstly, people legitimately change country, indeed I will probably do just that myself eventually, so even if I'd entered Mexico and then went to the UK or somewhere else, I'd end up with the same problem. Aside from that, I think my reasons for entering the details incorrectly were reasonable enough... Plus why should microsoft compel me to give that information when I buy everything prepaid? I don't give such details when I buy music, a dvd or whatever in a store, so why should I have to do it with the pre-paid microsoft points I bought in a store today?  

Sorry this didn't help.

Don't bother trying to reach Microsoft for this. As of now I would suggest to give the card to somebody else. Microsoft has this thing of thinking they own us and our details and never cared about user experience as this problem is as old as XBOX Live itself.

Hopefully someday they will realize that this restriction is in fact a dumb one which doesn't help anybody and they will let us change, but I see this far into the future.

Sorry this didn't help.