CD Key already in use?

Hello, for the last couple of hours I have been trying to play Arkham City but it claims that the key is already in use. It was gifted to me from my brother via Steam in December IIRC, and I have played it a lot. So when I had to wipe my computer I downloaded it off steam again and it asked me to register the product. So far so good so I signed in with the live thing and it spat out that the key was already in use. So either I have two Live profiles connected to my email sine my Arkham Asylum game doesn't show up either, so how am I going to get this working again?

I've spent hours reading threads and articles that claim to be helpful with zero relevant information and since you (apparently) can't ask a question to support I'll post this here. And it's not a Steam issue. Steam works fine but it's the GFWL part that's messing with me.

So to boil it down: IF I have two GFWL account on my email, how do I see the other account?

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 111 Applies to:

you don't reregister a product you just redownload it

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Well it's asking for a key. I shot Steam a question too see what they say just in case.

Sorry this didn't help.

well  can ya not just sign in with your other account? or have u forgotten the login?

Sorry this didn't help.

Because I don't know if there is another account. As far as I know I've only had one.

Sorry this didn't help.

You download from the account that register it

You don't reinstall

Sorry this didn't help.

I did download it from the account I registered it with. It's still not working and I have no idea why.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello,

You're getting this problem because when you downloaded and installed the game the first time around you used a different e-mail and password to register the key. Unfortunately, there's no way for us to tell you what e-mail you used. I can see on this gamertag that you have not played the game you are referring to here. All CD Keys are one time use only. Meaning that once you've used that CD Key on one account it is forever tied to that account, so you may be able to download the game from STEAM but you need to use the same Windows Live ID you made when you first played the game in December.

STEAM also would not be able to help in this capacity as they cannot tell what Windows Live ID has actually redeemed the key, they can just tell you that the key you received was a valid key.

In the future, when you have this sort of issue with a Games for Windows LIVE game, please post it in the GWFL Support section located here. Someone from the GFWL Support team will be able to assist you better with future questions.

Alternatively, you can contact the Games for Windows LIVE Support via phone as well:

Games For Windows Live Support (United States/Canada)#: 1-877-274-4349
* 9:00 A.M. to 1:00 A.M. Eastern Time
* 6:00 A.M. to 10:00 P.M. Pacific Time

Sorry this didn't help.

Very strange as I have never ever used another email in my life and this is my first time using GFWL.

Thanks I was looking for the GFWL support section for hours but every single place directed me to this specific board.

Sorry this didn't help.

No problem, that's why we're here to help :)

Sorry this didn't help.

Guess I'll head over there to ask what can be done because I just want to play the game I got for Christmas again and try to finish the story this time. Otherwise it's all been a huge waste of money and a permanent sore reminder of some stupid systems bug out. I honestly wonder what went wrong. I mean the the gamertag I have was because Fable 3 coerced me to make it when I bought Fable 3 last week. I annoedly agreed to and since then I've had nothing but problems. I don't even remember having to use GFWL with Arkham City before and since you say that you can only have one live account per email then where did the other account go to? I only have one email and I use it for everything. Just making me sad and angry. I'll post on the GFWL board in the morning then. Thanks again for your help. :)

Sorry this didn't help.