CC to party (portforwarding has been done)

Hello people,

since recently I got a problem connecting to xbl party's. I have done portforwarding already and fixed my NAT issue.

The only thing that happened was a router crash, which I fixed. 2 days after the crash had happened my issues started.

I checked my router and the only thing that has changed was my xbox's IP address, I fixed that by removing my xbox from my network and manually put it back in. I set the ports to my xbox and changed the IP to static to be sure it wouldn't happen again.

I still have the issue, I asked my friends if they changed anything in their router and none have any issues. It's just a few friends I can't join and games online work perfect with little to none lag at all.

I'm stumped by this issue and tried everything I could possibly think of.

Any help would be appreciated.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 7 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hi Zero,

Sorry to hear about the network troubles. To get a better idea your network setup, please respond to the bold info below. 

What Country/State/Province do you live in? 
Modem brand & model number: 
Router brand & model number: 
If Wireless, are you using a white or black external adapter, or an internal (Xbox 360S) adapter?
Things you have tried: 
Is UPnP Enabled? Yes/no/Unknown
Do you have a NAT error? If so, what is your NAT type?
Any Error Codes you encounter: 
Who is your ISP(Internet Service Provider)? 
After you run "Test Xbox LIVE connection" press “Y” for "More Info”. In the pop-up that appears, what are the following values, if shown? (If a value below does not appear for you, just leave it blank.)
W:
X:
Y:
Z:
ID:
L:
Q:
T:
D:
S:
C:

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Netherlands

Thompson

Things you have tried: 

Is UPnP Enabled? Yes, turning it off didn't work

Do you have a NAT error? No

Any Error Codes you encounter: none

Who is your ISP? Solcon

After you run "Test Xbox LIVE connection" press “Y” for "More Info”. In the pop-up that appears, what are the following values, if shown? (If a value below does not appear for you, just leave it blank.)

W: 0000 - 000B

X: 0000 - F001

Y: 20A8 - 4840

Z: 0000 - 0000

ID:FFFF - FFFF

L: 0015 -10F0

Q:8007 - 0435

T: Wired

(It says A, G D, here so I'll fill those in)

A: 192.168.1.3/255.255.255.0

G: 192.168.1.254

D: 192.168.1.254/0.0.0.0

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Coldfreeze!
Appreciate if you could post up the model number of the Thompson gateway. Also, is this modem and router in a single device?

[quote user="Coldfreeze Zero"]The only thing that happened was a router crash, which I fixed. 2 days after the crash had happened my issues started.[/quote]What was the reason to this?

Thank you!

Sorry this didn't help.

Thomson TG789vn

The router crash was nothing serious. It was a conflicting error within the firewall. My brother accidently turned on the firewall of windows 7 and my router saw it as an attempt to enter our network illegally, so it turned of to stop any attempt.Took me 5 minutes to fix it

Its a modem and router in one

Sorry this didn't help.

Is the Xbox directly connected to the Thompson TG789?

Do you have to manually forward network ports used by Xbox LIVE for this device (Thompson TG...)?

Have you tried to use UPnP (Universal Plug and Play) as a feature to handle PortMapping for your NAT? This feature (when enabled) requires any port forwarding rule that you have manually configured to be turned off (Port Forward, Port Triggering) as well as the DMZ. When or if Xbox LIVE network ports are being automatic forward, Xbox network settings are set to obtain IP address and DNS automatic. Therefore, restore the Xbox network settings to factory defaults.

Can you join a party with any different game?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have tried all these things already. Nat is open, upnp is off, since i portforwarded my xbox. I do not have any problems with games. The only issue i have is that i cant join some friends in party's. They both have  everything on their end in order.

Sorry this didn't help.

Is the Xbox directly connected to the Thompson gateway?

Could you reset your Thompson gateway to factory defaults. If you use PPPoE connectivity, then you have to know the username and password for your ISP's authentication.

Unplug all devices connected to your gateway (except the power supply). Press and hold the reset button for 10 seconds. Power off the gateway for 2 minutes. Reconnect everything back up. Access your router's web utility interface and configure your wireless network. Make sure UPnP is ticked enabled. Save/Apply and reboot.

Turn on the Xbox and go to network settings. Select the Additional Settings tab. Select Restore network settings to factory defaults. Press "B" on your controller and select "Test Xbox LIVE Connection".

Let us know how that goes. 

Sorry this didn't help.

I can't do that, since it would take hours to get my network fully operational, again. UPnP doesn't work great and is essentially the same as portforwarding.  Second, when I turn UPnP off it actually interferes with most of my devices. (TV, PC, smartphone, laptop)

These are all solutions to a closed NAT and I do not have any problems with this. I can join most people, who have thevsame ports open as me. I can not join some people and these people also have the same settings as me.

Sorry this didn't help.

Just so that you know, NAT check or the test method, makes no attempt to test every relevant facet of your NAT's behavior, but rather an attempt to answer the question, how commonly can the hole punching techniques be expected to work on your NAT. This is why, on some NAT devices, you would see a drifting NAT. Meaning, it would go from being open to moderate over time.

[quote user="Coldfreeze Zero"]UPnP doesn't work great[/quote]Can you further develop what exactly is not working when you have only UPnP enabled for this device.

Instead of Port Forwarding, have you tried to place your Xbox IP address in the DMZ of your router?

Whois is your ISP? 

Are you able to bring in one of your friends that you can not join party with, and have him/her create a thread so that we can take a look and see what we can find out?

Thank you!

Sorry this didn't help.

When UPnP is the only thing on. Most of my devices can connect, however NAT is closed at this point. When I port forward, it means I select a special service for my device. A service is something I can create in my router, it allows me to open any ports I like and give them to any device I want.

When I first connected my Xbox to my router, it went straight into the DMZ. Giving me a connection, but not an open NAT. It Was somewhat of a hassle to get it out.

My isp is solcon.

I checked and did almost everything you said (not resetting my device) and I see no difference at all. I'll try to get my friend on this forum.

Could it be something else though? I mean, I tried changing my settings and such. Even checked my NAT and my xbox itself does not give any errors.

My other friend had some issues with a new router and I can join him effortly now.

Sorry this didn't help.