Catching a hacker. Do i have Xbox Live's special permission

Hello!

Ok, this will sound weird, but i want to do this, and ask Xbox enforcement team,or any other xbox team to give permission for me to do this.

OK, first off, we are all aware of the hacked accounts that is used for FiFa 12 Ultimate Team, and the fake websites created, and so with barely any research,i  found a phishing site already.

Now, i know who the guy is on youtube, but i couldnt get his GT. However, i have spare XBL accounts. Now, what i want to do is to go on this site, give them the correct information for this account (which will have nothing valuable on) so they will recover it, hoping for profit. Now, i hope that he recovers it, i want any Xbox Live Team to monitor what console this account gets recovered to, in order to ban the gamertag and console responsible. Therefore catching and killing one hacker.

What i need is special permission from Xbox to give out the spare account to the "hacker" because i know it says not to give out permission, however, i believe its better to lose a pointless account to catch a hacker, then lose many good accounts to them.

Hopefully, we may of caught a criminal as well, if they have spent people's credit cards.

So, do i have permission to do this. and will Xbox help me?

Thanks.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

when i say "this account" i dont mean this one im using right now, i mean one of my pointless created accounts.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

So Dean, what about FanaticModz?

And no to your question.

Sorry this didn't help.

It looks to me like you want to become some sort of "Xbox Live vigilante".  This is something that would not be okay to the Xbox admins.  If they allowed you to do that, they would be legally responsible for whatever happens to you or your account(s).  They would not be prepared to do that.

Sorry this didn't help.

You are asking to break the code of conduct yourself by allowing this person to take control of your account in order to catch him breaking the code of conduct. The ends to not justify the means and you risk getting banned or suspended yourself. File a complaint on hackers and rule breakers and the XBLPET will take care of the investigations.

Xbox Ambassador | Xbox Forum Moderator | Xbox MVP

Sorry this didn't help.

oh well. Thanks anyway guys, and id love to file a complaint against the guy, but like i said, dont know the GT.

And to Temhotbot, yes, i USED to be on that site, but i left a long time ago, and i was only present on that site for my graphical skills in which i did use for graphic reasons, helping others develop and teaching some of my skills. Despite that site is all about "modding" i didnt actually use any of their mods. Infact, when someone did mention that they were going to "mod" something, i always said, "dont do it, you just make the game nooby"

thats why i left, my graphics skill on that site was being outshadowed. Just so you know. (thats why i come here and help out now)

Sorry this didn't help.