Cast-to Xbox One stuck on connecting.

Hi!

I have a Xbox One and a Windows 10 Dell Precision with i7 2,9ghz, 32gb RAM and Nvidia Quadro K2100M on a 250mbps WiFi connection.

I'm trying to use the 'cast-to'-function from my laptop and whenever i try it it get's stuck on "connecting" and eventually, after a long while times-out. I can fetch video from my laptop via my xbox using media player however this is not completly smooth either, it usually starts to stutter and gives up after a while. I've tried different google-found solutions including reading the previous threads here that touch on the subject and trying the suggested solutions however none of that works for me. Some of the things i've tried: Re-adding the xbox in devices, hard-resetting the xbox, rebooting both systems, enable streaming and checking privilages in windows, enable file-sharing and so on and so forth, nothing is working.

Can anyone help me with this?

(I tried posting the question in the Windows forums, they sent me here: http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_early_access/xbox_on_win10_ip/default.aspx, where i can't post. So this is as close as i got.)

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 497 Applies to:

MattaisA1,

Sorry you are having issues with your cast to function.  I too experienced this issue.  I had an issue where my firewall was blocking the streaming function, so that may be the issue.  I would check your firewall settings just in case.  The forum you tried to access is an Xbox on Windows 10 Insider Program forum so you wont be able to post to it as the forum is closed.  

Firewall settings should fix it.

Hope this helps!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi!

Thanks for your reply, i hadn't tried firewall-settings before so it was a good tip. I went in an changed the profiles to "All" for all the "Cast-to-device"-listings inbound and outbound. Didn't do anything to resolve my problem though. Still stuck on "Connecting". I did however, after waiting a looong while stuck on connecting get an error that said something along the lines of "We can't play this format" while trying to play an mkv file. After that i tried with an mp4 file and then i just got stuck on connecting again.

Sorry this didn't help.

Have you tried a full reboot of your console? Head into Settings, Power, Turn Xbox off. When it shuts down wait a few seconds, turn it back on and try again when it is fully booted.

Sorry this didn't help.

I tried that too, including turning on the power-saving option forcing the console to do a full reboot every time i shut it off. Doesn't fix my problem unfortunately.

Sorry this didn't help.

Anyone have any other ideas?

Sorry this didn't help.