Carppy parental controls

So my 3 and 6 year old kids loving my my Xbox.  They also like watching movies from my computer through the Xbox.  Most of the games they play or I lpay with them require me to be logged into Xbox live.  Whether it be playing arcade games or split screen COD with my 6 year old.  They all need XBOX live access.

So of course since they need to be logged into Xbox live to play the games or watch the movies they also have full access to spend my MS points....

There is NO way to give them live access and restrict their ability to purchase things....  WHY???

Shouldn't restrictions to purchases have been the first thought when creating parental controls?

I have now been on customer service for nearly an hour trying to fix the changes my son made to my account, not even asking for a refund, just putting things back.  I have had one CS rep agree that the only way to restrict purchases is to deny live access making the xbox a paperweight for my kids, that is before he hung up on me...

The more I think of this problem the more I am convinced that I need to stop spending a fortune on Xbox stuff and defect to the PS3.  Just hate leaving my friends behind :(

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Perhaps the Xbox Live Gold Family Pack would be what you're looking for.  It gives you four gold memberships for the price of two and apparently has better parental controls.

Here's a link.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.