Careful XBOX LIVE friends.

Online you will know me as VELCROSHOETARD.

In the global world I am a 27 year old Estimator for a construction company.  I recently had my account moved to Russia and bought several thousand points of XBOX live dollars.  In which I had no part.

XBOX service...I thought...at first.  Was of little to no help.  However, in the next business day, my money was all refunded.

Friends,

This legally is not MICROSOFT's fault.   I now know that my @live account (which had the option to make the same as my work account).....was hacked.   This is a rarely happens.  I feel it will happen mostly to people like me who bring their main EMAIL accounts into LIVE.   HACKERS will then be able to infiltrate your original account, and change your password.  Essential TAKE OVER.

I was lucky.  XBOX refunded me.  But lets take a minute and take time to SECURE our @LIVE accounts.  OR...XBOX should establish additional precautions if they wish to hold our bank information online.

Thanks XBOX....Thanks MICROsoft.....I will always be a PC.

Lets all secure ourselves!

VELCRO

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Wow. This is a change from the norm. It is nice to hear someone not blame MS for a situation like this. Kudos OP. And thank you for the information. I would just like to add to it if you don't mind. MS does give us the tools and information to help us protect ourselves while we use their Live service. We just need to take a few moments to read about them and then actually implement them into our daily routines.

Xbox LIVE Account Security

Improving Console Safety

Xbox 360 Safety and Privacy

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.