Capture Card failure - "Signal Protected" message

I have a Roxio GameCap HD Pro capture device that I use to record and stream. However, when I now try to use it with my One to capture gameplay, it tells my the signal from the Xbox is "protected" and it won't let me record or stream. This happened before when I first got the One. I found out from the Roxio support site that the Xbox One automatically protects the output signal if you set up the HDMI pass through to use with something like your cable box - thus preventing you from capturing/streaming anything. The only way to reverse this was to restore the factory defaults on the console and not set up the HDMI pass-through. I did that and had no problems until this week.

Currently my capture card says once again that the signal is protected. I have not messed with the HDMI pass-through but I have downloaded apps like Netflix and Twitch. Is there any solution to this issue other than wiping my console by restoring the factory defaults and not using it for anything other than playing games?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

You don't need to set back to factory defaults every time. you can either hold the power button for 10 secs or turn off "instant on" and reboot your xbox. The HDMI protection kicks in when you use Netflix or TV,thing like that. And stays on until you Hard reset your Xbox.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.