Cant use party chat! Please help!

I've tried 2 controllers and 3 different headsets. 2 being the stock xbox one and the other being tritons. Several issues are going on... I started with the stock headset, cats chewed it up so I bought the Tritons. Had to take those back because of an incredibly annoying echo. Not an echo from myself, but everyone in the party could hear and echo of their own voice coming from my side. Then I bought a new stock microsoft headset and hooked it up. No one could hear me and I could not hear anyone else. Got a 3rd stock headset and now I can hear people (cutting in and out) but no one can hear me. What the heck is going on??? Keep in mind I bought a new controller and tried the same thing. 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 17 Applies to:

As far as the tritons go, my friend has a pair of tritons and the echo is ungodly. So thats pretty much normal. As far as the cutting out/not hearing. Either the headset is damaged or maybe the controller, its hard to say. Have you tried updating you controller with you headset plugged in? It's the kinda one of the goto fixes for problems with headsets. (no guarantees in life)

To update controller goto: Home> Start/Menu button> Settings> Devices & accessories> The rest should be self explanatory.

Good  luck, post back with as much information as possible.

EDIT: You say "party chat" am I correct in assuming that game chat has the same problems for you?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

also had dead mic issue with xboxone stereo headset in game and party chat, after buying a new headset and controller and updating both, what finally worked for me was turning off (or disconnecting) the Kinect. no amount of rebooting,updating or reloading profile worked. took the Kinect out of the loop and mic works fine since.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.