Can't Synch Account and Profile

Okay, I admit this seems like a really stupid question, but I signed up for Xbox Live on my computer. Now, it won't let me log into my account from my profile on the Xbox. It just gives me the option of signing up for Xbox Live. What should I do?

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

You will need to sign up on the Xbox and take the offline profile and join Xbox LIVE with it.

If your email address is associated with the gamertag you're posting with now, then you need to change it to something else so that it becomes free when you make the new gamertag.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

If you created your account on xbox.com then you will need to use the Recover Gamertag option on your console to have it there.

This is a simple process. If you have no account on the console, or it is not set to automatically sign-in, then press the Guide button on your controller and pick the Recover Gamertag option. You will now be guided through the process.

If you are signed into an account then press the Guide Button again and press X to sign out. Then just select the Recover Gamertag option as before.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.