Cant stay connected to Xbox Live

This problem has been going on for the last hour or more I get into a live game then about halfway through the match I get disconnected from xbox live. I have reset my modem and router multiple times thinking that it might be the issue and have even hooked strait into the modem itself incase it was the router.  I've tested my connection to xbox live whenever it reconnects and it says everything is fine then out of nowhere it just dc's me again an rinse repeat.  I thought maybe it was the game i was playing so I tried to watch a movie and it dc'd me right as the movie started.  No idea why its doing this, suggestions?  I should also note im not being dc'd from the internet only xbox live.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

Well the problem has escalated since my original post I couldnt stay connected while trying to play online games, now its to the point where I cant stay connected while on the dashboard.  I know im not the only person with this issue I play my online games with a large amount of people and of the few that were online atleast 4-6 others were complaining of the exact same issues as me.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hey Azalin Nine,

So, when this got worse, to the point where you couldn't stay connected on the Dashboard, was your Xbox 360 connected to the internet directly to the modem with an ethernet cable?  If so, that could mean that there is maintenance or an outage on the end or your Internet Service Provider, which would also explain why others may have been experiencing it.  For that,  you may want to contact them.

Now, if you're not connected directly to the modem, can you give it a try and see if you are still having the connectivity issue?  Let us know here if it helps.

In the meantime, while you wait for the next response from us or a member of our community, let's also try restoring your console's network settings to factory defaults.  Go to Settings>System>Network Settings>select your network>Configure Network>Additional Settings>Restore to Factory Defaults>Yes.  You might want to do another network restart after that.  Make sure that your console and all other connected devices (PCs, laptops, tablets, consoles, etc.) are turned off when you do the restart.

We'll be here waiting to hear from you.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.