Cant Stay Connected To Xbox Live!!!??

Ok, for about a week now I can not stay connected to xbox live I test my network connection and all test pass and I sign in. as soon as I sign in about 2 secs later I sign out and it ask me to retest my xbox live connection and I do it again and it just keeps repeating itself.

I have tested my internet speed: Download speed -20.75mbps upload 2.28mbps ping 10.

I have a wired connection

updated router latest firmware

I have tried everything and no luck

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Check your ethernet wires. Use newer ones that actually click into the port. Do you have connectivity issues using your PC?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

checked the wire with other devices and the wire holds up just fine. yes I have my laptop, my ps3 and other things connect and not a problem. my brother tried his xbox  and his connects and stays connected without a problem........

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello LTD,

Sorry to hear about the connection troubles. To get a better idea of your network setup, please respond to the bold details below.  

What Country/State/Province do you live in? 
Modem brand & model number: 
Router brand & model number: 
If Wireless, are you using a white or black external adapter, or an internal (Xbox 360S) adapter?
Things you have tried: 
Is UPnP Enabled? Yes/no/Unknown
Do you have a NAT error? If so, what is your NAT type?
Any Error Codes you encounter: 
Who is your ISP(Internet Service Provider)? 
After you run "Test Xbox LIVE connection" press “Y” for "More Info”. In the pop-up that appears, what are the following values, if shown? (If a value below does not appear for you, just leave it blank.)
W:
X:
Y:
Z:
ID:
L:
Q:
T:
D:
S:
C:

Sorry this didn't help.

It sounds like your router is issuing the same IP address to more than one device. Try this: Disconnect all devices from the router, unplug both the router and the Modem and wait for about 30 to 60 seconds. Reconnect the power and the devices to the router. Try reconnecting to Xbox live. If that does not help you may want to reset your router (the little pin hole on the back) and reconnect everything to it. I warn you though, it will cause your router to go back to factory settings any anything you may have programmed it to do will be gone.

Sorry this didn't help.

What Country/State/Province do you live in?

US WI  

Modem brand & model number: MOTOROLA SURFBOARD EXTREME CABLE MODEM SB6141

Router brand & model number: D-Link DGL-4500

If Wireless, are you using a white or black external adapter, or an internal (Xbox 360S) adapter?

Things you have tried: EVERY THING

Is UPnP Enabled? Yes/no/Unknown  YES

Do you have a NAT error? If so, what is your NAT type? NO NAT ERROR

Any Error Codes you encounter: NONE

Who is your ISP(Internet Service Provider)?  TIME WARNER CABLE

After you run "Test Xbox LIVE connection" press “Y” for "More Info”. In the pop-up that appears, what are the following values, if shown? (If a value below does not appear for you, just leave it blank.)

W:000-000b

X:0000-f001

Y:20a8-48e0

Z:0000-0000

ID:ffff-ffff

L:0015-10f1

Q8007-0435

T:Wired

D:192.168.0.1/0.0.0.0

S:

C:

Sorry this didn't help.

Greetings LTD!

Appreciate if you could detailing out for us any troubleshooting steps you have tried so far.

Could you verify if you can connect properly with the Xbox directly connected to the modem any thereby bypass your router.

Unplug the router from the modem and power off the modem for a couple of minutes. Power on the modem and wait one minute for it to connect properly. Directly connect the Xbox to the modem. Power on the Xbox and navigate to Xbox network settings. Select the Additional Settings tab. Select restore network settings to factory defaults. Press "B" on your controller and select Test Xbox LIVE Connection.

Post back and let us know how that goes. 

Sorry this didn't help.

Yes I can connect fine when I have a direct connection to my modem but I have no problem what so ever as soon as I plug  it back to my router its fine but I plug my telephone service in and my brothers xbox I don't say connected long at all

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="LTD JayNasty"]Yes I can connect fine when I have a direct connection to my modem but I have no problem what so ever as soon as I plug  it back to my router its fine but I plug my telephone service in and my brothers xbox I don't say connected long at all[/quote]Do you connect your phone service behind your NAT? Describe how the telephone service connects to your devices and if this includes a filter/splitter. If so, where is it located in relation to your gateway. And finally, are you sure that the telephone service is a part of your consoles connectivity issues, and not exclusively your brother's console? 

Are both consoles set to automatically obtain IP address and DNS from the router?

Ensure that UPnP (Universal Plug and Play) is the only feature enabled on your router that handle PortMapping. Meaning that you do not manually forward any ports required for the Xbox LIVE services (Virtual Server/Port Forwarding/Add gaming rule), or placing any of the two consoles IP address or MAC address in the DMZ of your router.

What is the firmware version of your router?

Sorry this didn't help.

im not sure if the phone service could be the reason its from Basic Talk it has its own little modem box that connects to router that's it. I don't have any manual setting set up on any of our consoles everything is set to auto-. UPnP is enabled, I have not gone into my router setting to try and manually set anything up.  I still have the problem every time  if we try and play cod zombie together  I lag out and cant connect back!

Sorry this didn't help.

goto network settings on your xbox 360  and set your primary dns to 8.8.8.8 and secondary to 8.8.4.4 i had the same problem a while back it should work i think those are the google dns developers.google.com/.../public-dns for some reason it seems to get xbox live working at least for me and everyone else with my isp.

Sorry this didn't help.