Cant speak on live party and speaker icon wont go Away

Ok so this morning i tried to connect my headset and i discovered that they broke, then in my desesperatopn i tried to connected a couple of times to my Xbox controller, then i gave up and i leave it on my desk , i decided to use the kinect to keep talking to my firends but then, the speaker icon was there but didint talk, i can use the kinect for xbox home vut not for the parties or for chat, then i disconnected but the speaker icon was still there when i was on the party, even do i didnt have any mics plugged in! I dont know what to do , but when i connect a drum controller that i have from my guitar hero i can talk with kinect even when i disconnect the mics the speaker icon goes away, i spoked with xbox support and they told me to buy another controller but i cant afford to buy one right now , i do not have the money, i dont know what happend it worked so good in the past and i never had this issue or any of my friend NEED A SOLUTION PLEASE CONTACT ME OR POST A ANSWER !!!!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 42 Applies to:

It's likely that something is stuck in your controllers microphone port making it think it's still plugged in. Check the connector of your microphone and see if it looks like the tip is missing, something like this:

[View:http://www.spywaredrguide.com/VirtualDr/images/speaker_tip_broken_off_01.jpg]

If there is nothing in the port or the tip isn't broken try blowing into the microphone port. Let us know how it goes!

Xbox Live Community Ambassador

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

If you have a Kinect Camera/Microphone plugged in and you remove your normal microphone, the microphone image will still stay there.

As for your microphone, have you tried a different one?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.