cant sign in a guest

so i was using a 14 day trial and it says the guest cant sign in  and please use a profile with a valid membership. i thought the trials were for xbox live gold its doing the same thing when i used a 2 day wondering if this is just how its always been

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 10 Applies to:

The 14 day and 2 day trials are meant to give access to the online content for the specific game that the trial came with. Though it will at times give you access to content that is in normal to a full Gold Membership, this isn't standard. So, if you have access to the multiplayer with the trial, this is what is expected. Accessing any other gold features shouldn't be allowed with the trial.

Hope this helps.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

on it says try xbox live gold for free.... if its only good for online multiplayer its not really xbox gold. but thanks for trying to help me

Sorry this didn't help.

I know that the wording on the trials is bad, I have had the same complaint about it. The wording should state that it is only for that particular game, not that it is a Gold trial. I agree. Sorry about the confusion with it.

Best of luck gaming out there.

Sorry this didn't help.

straight from the back of the trial.At the end of your trial period, your 14 day xbox live gold trial will default to a FREE xbox live membership unless you elect to extrend your xbox live Gold membership. That infers that i should have actual Xbox live Gold, not silver with multiplayer. so you can see why i'm a little confused

Sorry this didn't help.