Can't recover gamertag

Since last November I've been having a problem with this account / gamertag (Koning Stoma).
At first I couldn't sign in with the account. since then, when I try to recover it, I get this message:

" Xbox LIVE signup is currently unavailable. Please try again later."

Since then I have been calling Xbox support. I even changed my password so they could test this on one of their xbox's. They got the same message. They told me they would investigate the issue. They would call me back. This is about 6 months ago.

After a few weeks they called me. They said my xbox was broken. I told them this could not be the case, because one of their colleagues, who tried to recover my account, got the same message I was getting. The employee agreed and it would, once again, be investigated.

I have been calling and I have been getting the same answers. I have been testing the same things over and over without any results.

I have bought about 10 games and DLC with this account. I still have 1610 unused MS points on this account. I'm getting a bit frustrated after 7 months of the same answers. I feel like I'm wasting my time. I already have another account that I use to play online with. All of this wouldn't be a problem, if I didn't have 1610 unused MS points and 10 games/DLC on the account.

I either want my account back, or I want the MS points and the things I bought to be placed on my working account, so I can use them again. I hope I will actually be helped this time.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 7 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I can't help you with your issue of not being able to recover the account.  However, I can offer an alternative.

Get yourself a usb stick and pop it into your xbox to format it.

Then go to a friends house and recover your gamertag there and put it on the stick.

If all goes well, not only will you have recovered your gamertag but you'll have it available when you pop the stick back into your xbox.

Good luck.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

That will not work. I already tried that. I even tried to recover it with someone from Xbox support.

" I even changed my password so they could test this on one of their xbox's. They got the same message."

Sorry this didn't help.

What type of console are you using?

Sorry this didn't help.

An Xbox 360 Arcade with 20gb HDD.

Sorry this didn't help.

Alright, having read all that, I still want to know if you can recover your profile on other consoles. Try again, even if you have already tried. Also, try to completely remove your existing storage device from your console and use a different one (HDD or USB).

Sorry this didn't help.

After 7 months of trying with no success, I just tried to recover my profile with another storage device. I still got the same message.

I will try to recover it on a friend's console again tomorrow and I will post my findings here.  I appreciate the help I'm getting here, but after 7 months I'm pretty sure it will not work.

Sorry this didn't help.

Have you made sure you deleted any ghost profile of it on any Xbox you downloaded it too? Also try clearing your system memory cache before performing the transfer. If possible, try plugging your internet connection directly to the source instead of wifi.

Sorry this didn't help.

So my friend just tried to recover my account on his xbox. This was the first time he tried to recover my account. He got exactly the same message.

I want to emphasize that I believe I have done every test or procedure to get my profile back.

Sorry this didn't help.

I want to inform you that I have been able to recover my profile.

My profile was broken. It seems it didn't convert to a silver membership. My profile had no gold and no silver membership. What I did to "fix" this was to use a 1-month membership card on xbox.com.

There seems to be something wrong with the system. I'm not the only person who has encountered this issue and I'm also not the only person who has fixed this issue this way.

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm glad you were finally able to solve your problem.  Make sure to keep your profile on a usb stick to prevent this in the future.

Sorry this didn't help.