Can't purchase gold... i get an error message "Glitch in the system" - details in thread

Uh oh... that shouldn't have happened. It appears you've found a glitch in the system.
date: 8/1/2011 4:17:13 AM
code: 3D272F4E8FF4C74
s: wI5GANt6yHWle1DHf5Cx9w==
id: e398460b-10c6-4bd9-a4ec-341d56cb3018
req: 149928ec-928f-44df-bfe5-5bc0b5505b3
this is what i get every single time i try to purchase the gold membership. I've tried three different credit cards all of which i was under the impression that should work.

the only thing that i can think to mention that is different is that i've got one credit card on the account that i just discovered owes money to xbl. i assume i should be able to pay it off with another though... so why aren't these other cards working? is this glitch the server's problem?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

So were you able to add the other credit cards to the system? If so you should be able to transfer your balance from the old credit card to the new credit card. Follow the steps below, if you are still having issue's I would suggest contacting Xbox Phone support.

To transfer your services and balances to a new payment method, follow these steps:

Sign in to the Billing and Account Management website.

Under Your payment methods, click the payment method you want to change.

Under Payment method activity, click Go to payment method information.

Under Payment method information for this account, click Use a different payment method.

Click Add new credit card, and then click Next.

Click Add new Direct Debit, and then click Next.

On the Confirm transfer page, confirm the balances and services you want to transfer, and then click Next.

Enter the information for the new payment method, and then click Save.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

OP: Please try your purchase on the Xbox 360 console. Are you still getting an error here? What is the full error message/code?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.