Cant power on console using xbox one button on controller

ive had my new xbox one for about 4 days now and ive ran into a lot of trouble with the xbox button on the controller. it seems glitchy to me and i think it has a design flaw. for example, ive noticed that you can click the button and sometimes its unresponsive and wont do anything. it seems that i have to press the button firmly to avoid it misinterpreting what i actually want it to do. sometimes ill press and hold it and itll completely bypass the option menu to shut down console/turn off controller and just straight up turn off the controller and leave that menu up. other times ill press the button and it will make a certain sound that usually plays when youre in an app and double tap the xbox button to use the snap feature, so it thinks i double tapped the button when im actually only pressing it once.

the most clear and obvious problem, however, is that when my console is powered off but set to the instant-on mode i can not power on my console using the controller. i press and hold the xbox button, it starts to flash for a few seconds, then it illuminates solid but the console does not power on. after this if i go and manually power on the console by pushing the button on the console itself the controller will sync up automatically and work fine. while the console is set to the energy saver setting i can power it up using the controller with no problems.

i called tech support and spent about 2 hours on the phone with them and they have no idea whats wrong.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 11 Applies to:

but powering on your console using ur controller , is it possible? Can some body verify this.

Either i have to use my voice command or press the button on the console to power it ON.

To turn of yes i can tap on the xbox controller(White glowing buttion) and it gives an option to power off controller or console.

deeps

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Yes, you can turn on the console using the center button on the controller.  

OP - having you updated the controller?  If not, hook it up using a USB cable then head to Settings and find the option to update it.

You can also try syncing the controller using the sync buttons.  One at the front of the controller and the one on the console on the left side just in front of the USB port.

Let me know if either of those work.  If they don't then you may need to replace the controller.  You can either try doing it at the store you purchased the console through or by setting up a replacement on support's repair page.

http://myservice.xbox.com/

Good luck.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Cabb,

Could you please let me know which OS version you are running in the console?

Are you in the developer preview program?

The reason being while i was going thru Early Update Access Forum  i saw a update from the program managers.- Which reads-- In case if you are a part of the program could you please let them know?

-------------------

KNOWN ISSUES

You may be unable to power on your Xbox One via the Xbox button on the controller or the power button on the console. If you experience this issue, please let us know via a post on the forums. In the meantime, you should be able to work around this by unplugging your power supply from the console for 60 seconds, then reconnecting.

-----------------

deeps

Sorry this didn't help.