Can't make purchases... still. Microsoft, please take my money.

So my account was hacked. I reported it on 7/3, and Xbox support confirmed it and opened an investigation. Purchases were made and most but not all have since been refunded.

When the investigation was open the rep warned me that my account would be locked for UP TO 7 days. I'm now able to log-in to Xbox Live, but 12 days later and I still can't make purchases. My Gold membership expired and I simply want to renew it (with a Gold Family Pack).

When I call support, they can't tell me anything. There, apparently, is no communication between the Investigation Team and everyone else. They tell me "Oh... uh... sorry sir. There's nothing we can do."

Really, Microsoft? Really? I mean seriously. We're all just people, you're all just people. We can talk. Communicate. Pick up the phone.

I'm a good customer. A loyal one. I buy a lot of games. I have just about every peripheral and accessory. I'm a PC x 4. I even have a Windows Phone. Give me a break and let me GIVE YOU MY MONEY already. "There's nothing we can do" is not an answer. Support department... investigations team... you're all the same company. Pick up a phone, talk to each other, and somebody tell me something.

Seriously, I'm on staycation as of today, my kids are elsewhere for the week (I'm a single dad), this is the perfect time for me to just chill and play some games. It's bad enough I got hacked (stupid security secret questions), but now you have to stop me from playing, too? Let me play some Xbox already. Really, if this isn't resolved today I'm going to the 24-hour Best Buy in Union Square (NYC), buying a PS3 and a copy of Brink, and calling it quits for Xbox.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 7 Applies to:

If the account investigation is still open and not complete there really is nothing you can do about it. It can take anywhere from 7-30 business days for it to be resolved. If it has been resolved and you are having this issue then it sounds like they put a lock on your payment instrument and a phone call should be all that is needed to remove it.

If you bought the console brand new (not used) and you haven't already used them you should still have 3 FREE one month trials for XBL on it. You would have to create another account in order to use each one, but they are an alternative to being without XBL until you get your real account back up and running. You have to create the account(s) on the console, if you do it from the website it will not give you GOLD time.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.