Cant log into "My Account"

I am trying to update a Xbox Live Gold membership for my son and I CANNOT do it. Every time I try to log into "my account" to update the payment options and renew the Gold membership I get the......

"Uh oh.......that shouldnt have happened. It appears you found a glich in the system"

How do I get into my account to update payment options to renew the gold membership. I tried requesting a call TWICE. Once I waited 5 minutes and was the call was dropped by Microsoft after I got the wait for the next operator message. The next time I waited OVER TWO HOURS!!! only to be dropped again. What is it with Microsoft Xbox? Do they want my money or not?

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Hi,

This sort of problem usually means that you have some sort of a billing issue with your account. This type of problem usually presents itself when you have an invalid/expired card on file in conjunction with automatic renewal. It would seem that Microsoft tries to charge that card and can't so they will send you some notice of this (multiple times before it's going to occur, and after it occurs).

You'll want to visit the Microsoft Commerce & Billing site here and take a look at your card information. If you have something that's expired/invalid listed there, and you don't wish to replace it with another payment method, then you'd need to contact phone support directly to have them remove the invalid/expired card as you would not be able to do this yourself on the site without adding another in its place. If you do wish to, you should be able to add a new payment method, and change the subscription over to the new one as well from the site linked.

You can reach out to phone support directly by clicking this link here, or you can request a call by visiting this page here.

Thanks. 

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.