Cant log in to my nieces account

I've got a problem. I set up an Xbox Live account for my niece a while back. Her user name is Kayabean05. Well at the time i just made a junk email to set up for her on gmail. Well Every time she tries to sign in now i get that stupid xbox proof popup. Im usually able to just back out and go back in to skip it when it comes up for my account (seriously this thing is annoying as hell, why isn't there an option to disable it?!) but for hers i cant. If i back out it just kicks me out. Ive tried over and over with no success. The problem is i dont remember what her password is. I cant remember the password for the junk gmail account i made either and the password recovery for gmail is absurd. It asks you for the exact date you made the account, who the hell remembers that? o_O. She now has a real email so id just switch it to that but i cant because i cant log in, and i cant reset the password because it would just get sent to the gmail account that i cant recover!

what the hell can i do here? Any way i look at it im screwed. I dont want to scrap her account, she has a lot of saves on it, but i cant friggin log in because of this dumb proof thing. If i could log in once i could switch the associted email but i cant even do that because the proof request keeps me from auto signing in with the saved password! This proof garbage is really a huge problem. Anyone have any suggestions?

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

It sounds to me as though there is no plausible way around without the password. Perhaps calling Xbox Support or contacting them through Twitter @XboxSupport1 on Twitter.

The only solution I can see is to create a new Live account losing the saves in the process.

I hope you can resolve this issue as something similar happened to me a few years ago :(

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Without the password you may not be able to access that account anymore you may have to create a new one or contact xbox

Sorry this didn't help.

Your Microsoft account password Help:

If you can’t remember your Microsoft account password, you can reset your password online. In a browser, go to account.live.com/.../reset and enter the email address for your Microsoft account. You will be given different options to have a password reset link sent to you.

If you can’t reset your Microsoft account password by using the reset options provided, you can recover access to your Microsoft account by completing an online account recovery form. To do this, go to https://account.live.com/acsr and follow the steps to complete the form to recover your account.

For additional information about resetting or recovering your Microsoft account password, see Microsoft account password forgotten.

Sorry this didn't help.

Theres no way im losing her account. SHe has several saves on there.

Thats the dumb thing about all this. If it wasn't for this stupid 'proofs' thing i could log in. The password is saved to the xbox. But because it forces the proof check garbage i can not do that. Isnt there a way to disable the annoying xbox proof check? I can back out of it on all other accounts except for hers for some reason. I dont get why backing out of it doesn't let me log in regularly like it does on my account and my fathers.

And thats a pretty generic answer AnarchyZ... as i said resetting wont work because the email it was set up with is old and she doesn't use it/know the password for it anymore. If i could just use the friggin saved password to log in once on the console i could change the email to her current on and do the recovery thing. I guess i can try that 2nd link i guess. Is there a phone number i can call for this? I really hate this proof thing theyre donig. I didn't ask for it and dont want to deal with the problems its causing

*edit* nope that 2nd link is worthless. Asks for all kinds of info that i have no idea.. past passwords? There were no past passwords. Contacts, and other stuff that i never set up for her. Lovely

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Saitou Hajime,

Sorry to hear about your nieces account. I would like to do some investigating, but it appears the GT "Kayabean05" is invalid.

What would be the exact GT in question? Are there any spaces or unique characters at all?

Let us know, and we can go from there.  

Sorry this didn't help.

The account may be lost.

In the future I recommend that you always use valid information.

Sorry this didn't help.