cant log in no more since update asked for forgot password

hi a friend who uses xbox live and hotmail cant log into xbox or hotmail.. he forgot passord so sent reset password but that was sent to an email he unable to retrieve...
he thinks he remembers the actual original password now but when tries it gets the message acct blocked due to to many tries with wrong password...
im asking will this ban be lifted in a set time ? if so how long please till he can try log in again with "hopefully" the correct remembered password.
would the reset password request affect this tho considering he cant get to the email the reset details were sent?

thanks in advance for your help

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 7 Applies to:

Having been thru that myself, I know that the only option is to to contact Support and go thru the infamous account verification process.  You can do it over the phone or email (which is better!).   Basically, in either version, you will have to answer various questions about the account like name, address, phone nos, card nos, etc., to prove that you own the account.  I recommend email simply because you can take time to research the answers.

In either case, if you answer the questions to MS' satisfaction, they will send you a password-resent link to any email that you instruct them to...make sure it actually works.  If you don't, then your account is gone... resigned to floating in cyberspace until MS decides to purge for nonuse.

BTW, don't ask for the password...MS' does not keep them.  It would be stupid for thousands of support people to have access to your account.  

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

i set up the parental account but long ago so no access to it nor do i probably remember anything they asked me when setting it up so not sure it will work

PS3 for us both this christmas i beleive !!!!!

Sorry this didn't help.

i kno wfor one i paid with a pre pay card so no record of details for that .... and have changed phone numbers a few times since also ... so the chances of recovering it with those such details are very slim..

he been thinking of getting a PS3 for a while .. now he is convinced to if he losses his profile with all his 15th prestige levels thru cod games etc...

if he does that i shall have to do the same as he a relation to me in a different country... i play mostly to keep in contact with them...

all this loss to xbox just for an update... hope it was worth it for them

Sorry this didn't help.

We do apologize for the inconvenience. We encourage every member of Xbox LIVE to keep their account details current to prevent losing their account. If you are having issues remembering your account details, the options available here are noted at www.xbox.com/forgot.

Sorry this didn't help.