Cant get media center working

Ive gone through the setup on the xbox and PC, punched in the 8-digit code. The XBOX never gets past the "contacting" screen, it hangs, then says Connection failure.

On the PC it looks like its all going fine, the XBOX is even listed as ready to use.

I use the Netgear DGND3700, i dont have any ports forwarded at all, this is supposed to work directly out of the box. Could it be that I need to enable an option on my PC? I have windows 7, i just opened media center, added some videos to it and thats about it, is there another option to check?

Thanks,

Rob.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

You will get more help if you post this here.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I gather you have followed the "Set up a Windows Media Center Extender" guide in windows 7 help and support and followed the section that says "Set up an Xbox 360 (or another device) as an Extender".

So the only thing I can suggest which could be the problem preventing you from accessing your videos is your firewall settings(that is if you have a third party firewall) and to change these depends on which firewall you are using.

Also if your computer is wirelessly connected to your router and your xbox is connected via ethernet cable or your computer is connected via ethernet and your xbox is connected via wireless, then you need to check your router has a bridged connection between wired and wireless networks.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

AzLazyNinja.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.