Cant Download Update

Hi

I recently changed broadband providers, was with 02 broadband. My Xbox 360 is connected wirelessly and had no problems. Now Ive changed to BT infinity 76mb connection.

But For some reason I cant download game updates or general xbox update. It tend to go in burst then stops, I have to cancel it restart it goes in burst then stops.

At first I though it was xbox live issue, it took me 1 hour to get a 6mb update to resident evil but oh well. 2 week later Im trying to play FIFA 13 update has appeared 25mb again it just stuck on download and it hardly moves.

Anyone know why? Im not sure if it a WiFi issue but my laptop seems fine I play League of Legends on it in my room iPad and Tab 2 all fine. Sister and Mum got no problems either. Just the xbox. Do I need to purchase the N adapter? I got the default one atm been working for years!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

Hey Edobob,

The updates are always such a great bonus as they enhance the system or games, and it sucks that you aren't able to enjoy either as much due to not receiving them! Let's try to see if we can't come up with a few solutions to solve your problem, shall we? First thing that comes to mind would be are you able to connect directly to the router/modem by way of a Ethernet Cord? Also as far as getting the xbox update, is there any chance you can download it to a Flash Drive and install it that way? Thanks in advance, be a great day

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I can move my xbox to my monitor anytime tbh and connect using ethernet cable  but its abit inconvient due to space issue around the desk can be done though. Alot of hassle but guess I must try it.

How do I download the updates on a USB flash pen? and where do I manually download the updates?

Its stranger cos the laptop and iPad and Tab 2 all streams fine and download fine. Laptop download at 3500kb a second wifi and there the Xbox cant even download 25mb lol

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey Edobob,

The reason why it is suggested to do the ethernet connection is that it will be a sure steady way to keep the downloads happening. Deepest apologies if it is that much of an inconvenience. Here's the link where you can find the information about downloading the update, using a Flash Drive, and more: support.xbox.com/.../system-update-help

Please do come back and let us know if you are successful, or need further assistance. Be a great day

Sorry this didn't help.