cant delete profile

my system was laggy so i was told to delete my profile when i tried to it said there was a problem performing action can not be done..............so what now HELP ME

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Reformatting your xbox should be one of the last things you do. It's not something to do if it can be avoided. Make sure you've exhausted every other option first.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

try to reformat your xbox. that should get rid of your profile and it will run the initial set up of you xbox as if you just bought it. it will restore all settings back to default and it will be like you bought a brand new xbox.

to do this go to the main menu of your xbox - settings - system - initial setup

just a warning the initial setup will delete all saved games and profiles so if you had a game that you were playing and u got half way through it you would have to start over after the setup.

Sorry this didn't help.

If you are having problems downloading your account/profile to your console, try making sure that you are connected to the internet on your console. There are multiple possibilities as to why your console may be lagging, since it may be an internet related issue for example. If so, then what can be suggested is to check your network settings and Test Xbox Live Connection. Then, you will need to download your profile/account on your console with the correct credentials and ensure that you are connected to the internet when downloading it. If this does not help or assist you in any way, I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask!

Sorry this didn't help.

i have called my ip they had me run a speed testg im fine ive tried ethernet cable nothing on a diffrent profile it does not lag the reason i am tryning to delete my profile than download it again but like i said it says action cant be done that is what i need help with i already know the problem

Sorry this didn't help.