Can't connect with WAG325N

Hello, I've got a WAG325N Linksys Gateway that I used to connect a year ago without any problems to Xbox LIVE. This time around, it simply won't connect (no error messages on the network test). Network works fine (after I input the correct IP settings, dhcp won't work for some reason), but the test hangs on the internet part (it just stands there for several minutes and then display a generic error message). Every other device connected to the gateway works fine (my Xbox connected to a different gateway also works). Tried opening ports and setting DMZ (although it should connect anyways) and tinkering with some settings but nothing worked (also tried using a laptop as bridge, wich always worked with other wireless networks). I'm using the latest  firmware available for the device and couldn't find any help with linksys support. Is there any incompatibility with this gateway and  the current version of the xbox software? (I mentioned that last year it worked flawlessly, nothing changed with the gateway since then). Any ideas? Thank you.

P.S.: connected through cable, I don't have the wireless adapter.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Hey there! First things first, why don't you take a look at our Connection Guide (forums.xbox.com/.../9.aspx) and if that doesn't help, please provide the answers to the bold questions back here. Thanks!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

What Country/State/Province do you live in?
Spain

Router brand & model number:
Linksys WAG325N Gateway

Network Connection Type: Wireless/Wired
Wired

Is UPnP Enabled?
Yes

Is NAT Type Open?
Yes

Things you have tried?
Switching gateways (works), using a laptop as wireless bridge with the xbox (always worked before, not this time, same thing), setting DMZ, manually input IP settings on the Xbox (auto settings are wrong, the Xbox doesn't seem get its IP settings by DHCP on this gateway), restarting it (obviously). Checked all the settings, they should be fine (every other device using this gateway works flawlessly, dhcp included). Upgrading the gateway's firmware is impossible (Linksys seems to have withdrawn support for this device). It worked with this device exactly one year ago, the only thing that changed is the Xbox software.

What type of internet do you have? Cable/DSL/T1/3G?
DSL

After you run "Test Xbox LIVE connection" and click on "More info", what is the exact message shown on screen?
Test hangs for a minute or so checking Internet (Network ---- Internet, Network works fine) and displays "Can't access the Internet. There may be a problem with your connection. Restart your router, etc."

Hope this info is enough. Thanks.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.