We're excited to announce that we've fully migrated the Xbox Forums to their new home, here on the Microsoft Community forums!
As of today, going to forums.xbox.com will redirect you here to the Xbox area of the Community forums. We've moved all of your existing threads over so you can continue and start conversations with the new forums experience.
We sincerely appreciate the feedback you have provided over this transition and can't wait for you to check out the new Xbox Forums!
Every time i try to sign in it say cant connect so i go to xbox live connection and the red x comes between the internet and the xbox live and it says my console is connected to internet but cant contact xbox live
If you need immediate support, please call Xbox LIVE, their phone numbers are shown below.
From your description, port 3074 is blocked or is being delayed by your ISP, modem or router. For more background on Ports, see
A sequential power cycle is the first step in clearing connection problems, and
the order and timing of the steps is important to success:
1) turn off the Xbox and unplug the power supply cord from the back of the Xbox then
2) unplug power from the router (Some folks have a combination modem-router AKA 'gateway' or only use a modem with no router. If either, skip steps 3 & 6).
3) unplug power from the modem.
4) Wait at least 5 minutes then replug the modem/gateway power.
5) Wait 'til the light on the front of the modem/gateway which says BROADBAND, ONLINE, READY, CABLE or DSL is on solid (not flashing), then plug in the router. If you have a gateway instead of a modem and router or a modem with no router, then when that
light says it's ready, skip to step 7.
6) Wait until the WiFi light on the router is on; you may not use WiFi, but it's still a good indicator your router is finished booting up.