cant connect to xbox live

Hi,

I have tried to connect to xbox live. I have an ethernet cable which plugs directly into the wall of my apartment. The error message tells me to chane the MTU settings, but it is not possible for me as I dont have a router of any sort. What I suspect is the problem is that the internet in my apartment complex is set up in such a way that every two hours you have to press a "continue" button to access the internet. This is a fair usage policy which blocks all internet connection for someone every two hours until they press the contiue button. On computers this no problem as each new laptop connected to the wall just presses continue, but for the xbox there is no way to do this.

Anybody know a way around this?

Thanks

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

You could try to contact your Apartment's ISP or network admin, (whichever is appropiate) and see if they will allow you to input your Xbox 360's MAC address into their network. Doing so bypasses any authentication or password input from the user to interact with the network. As for how your NAT will work out, i honestly have no clue, but at least you should, in theory, be able to play.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Well you could do what CrazyIvan316 said, and also you might have to get your own internet. I mean having free internet from your apartment is great and all, but having Xbox you will sometimes have connection issues like this that require you to go and mess with your router and such. Also make sure that their internet has all the port that Xbox recommends, please try to get these ports open    

Port 88 (UDP)

Port 3074 (UDP and TCP)

Port 53 (UDP and TCP)

Port 80 (TCP)

Having these ports open are very important!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.