cant connect to xbox live

What Country:                                                                                   UK

Router brand & model number:                                                   Huawei Ech life HG532

Network Connection Type: Wireless/Wired                              Wireless and Wired

If Wireless, what type of encryption are you using?               Wep

Things you have tried:                                                                    Tried wired and wireless and i get the same                                                                                                              
                                                                                                        message

Is UPnP Enabled? Yes/no/Unknown                                             Enabled

Is NAT Type Open?                                                                           Open

Any Error Codes you encounter:                                                  None

What type of internet do you have? Cable/DSL/T1/3G?           Dsl

Who is your ISP(Internet Service Provider)?                            TalkTalk

When you run "Test Xbox LIVE connection" what is the exact message shown on screen?     

"You can connect to the internet but not xbox live,                                                                                                                                                                                                            please try powering off your router and turning it on                                                                                                                                                                                                            after 30 secounds."

i never had this problem until the latest update but also if i was not playing a game online for more than 5 minutes or watching sky player my xbox live connection used to disconect and i would have to reconnect (its annoying to say the least) but i dont know if this is still the case as i cant connect to xbox live since the update :(

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 12 Applies to:

To be sure, have you tried resetting your network hardware by unplugging your modem and router for 30 seconds each, as per the message?

If so, and you're getting the same result, please try a direct-modem connection, to see if the issue still occurs then.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.