Can't Connect to Xbox Live

This is my first post on here, and I will be adding yet another thread about being unable to connect to Xbox Live.

I have had no problems connecting for years and then earlier today, out of the blue, I cannot connect. When I run the tests, my 360 detects my router and states that I have a working internet connection. But when it goes to check for Xbox Live, the bar fills up about a 3rd of the way and then tells me there is a problem with my connection. I ran the two troubleshooting tips I was given, aka resetting my router/modem and forwarding the ports myself, but to no avail. Verizon is my ISP by the way and I did see another thread with someone having problems connecting with Verizon as their ISP, but it was only one thread that mentioned that. Obviously there have been numerous posts about this random connection problem popping up.

I'll include the error status report I was given, because some people are good at deciphering those:

W: 0000-0021   X: 0000-F001  Y: 0088-1C40  Z: 0000-0000  ID: FFFF-FFFF

Idk if that will help, or if anyone else has the same codes with the same problem. I only know so much about connection problems and have done all I can, so any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

port forwarding can be very tricky, did you set up a Manual IP on the xbox? what error message do you receive when you try to connect?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I know there was an outage yesterday for verizon customers, what network equiptment do you use?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks guys for your responses. I did not set up a manual IP on the Xbox, so I will try that as well. The error message I receive is after about 15-20 seconds of trying to connect to Live, and the message simply says there's a problem with my connection and to see more info. And to apocalypseurza1, yea I did see another Verizon customer complaining last night. I use the Actiontec MI424WR router that they give, and like I said it has been working for a couple of years now and my 360 has no problems finding it and an internet connection, just no Live connection.

Sorry this didn't help.

Definitely try manually configuring ip address and dns settings as advised by paperjoex2, i had all the same error status codes as you and was stuck here (UK) trying to connect for ages and was getting about a third of the way down the xbox live bar on connection test (same as you). i forwarded ports, reset router numerous times etc but with no luck, as soon as i manually  configured ip settings and dns settings it connected first time. to do this first go to network settings and to your network and select configure network: copy all the settings as displayed by automatic settings i.e ip (probably 192.168.0.2 for the xbox), subnet mask (probably 255.255.255.0) and gateway (probably 192.168.0.1). then on a pc or laptop, whichever u are using, select start and type cmd, type ipconfig/all into command prompt, and then browse down the list and look for

Sorry this didn't help.

DNS servers, should be 2 dns server numbers, on your xbox network configure screen enter dns settings manually, primary setting is the top dns number supplied in cmd, the secondary is obviously the 1 below, after entering the ip and dns settings manually re run connection test and then sign in using your live account. hopefully you should now be connected to xbox live.

Sorry this didn't help.

What part of the world are you in? I know Verizon Fios is having issues around the Maryland area and I know they have a work ticket in but they have no idea when the issue will be fixed.  If you know how to do it run a trace route from your PC and post the results for me please.

Sorry this didn't help.

paperjoex2 and SQU1ZZ89 thanks so much for the help with the technical side of things. I have been away from my Xbox for the weekend so I will try the manual configuration process on Monday. Thanks for the suggestion and laying it out step by step. I will mark this as answered if that works!! To apocalypseurza1, if the steps they suggested don't work then that may be the problem. I do live about 25 minutes from Baltimore and I read other threads about how Verizon customers near the Baltimore area are suffering from this. The funny thing is, I have 2 360s at 2 different locations because my parents are separated. They both have Verizon, and both live in the same county, but the 360 at my Mom's is fine, while the one at my Dad's is having the issue. It's quite strange. Thanks again to everyone for their help, I will post again once this is solved!

Sorry this didn't help.

i need help with mine i dont have a rounter or adapter this is my first time getting this gold membership and the problem is what this mean downloaded queue mean all my games on there that i downloaded i dont kno how to put it in my xbox console i went to game library and active downdloaded and it keep saying join xbox live and it took me to wireless connection i wish i cld be like yall V if anyone wld help me

Sorry this didn't help.

Ok so I just turned on my 360 and all is well, so I suppose Verizon got out and fixed the problem. Thanks again to everyone for helping!!

Sorry this didn't help.

Single, please make your own thread, to better help us help you.

Sorry this didn't help.