Can't Connect to XBOX Live

Recently (last night) we've had trouble with our internet being extremely slow and have had unable to connect messages however our Xbox 360 was still able to connect to the internet and LIVE was able to load correctly and able to be used. However my room mate was sick of not being able to use his computer and was playing with the modem and router and now I can no longer connect to LIVE this morning and the internet is working fine.

I've went through all the steps on xbox.com/support, including restarting all of them, reloading factory settings, and the problem has been be unresolved. The support page says the problem is in the network connection and obtaining the IP address is the exact problem.

The systems/components I'm using are :

newer xbox 360 console software

Pelican PL-3669 Wireless Gaming adapter

Linksys WRT54G2- V1 Wireless Router

Scientific Atlanta 2100 Cable Modem

Please help!

Brett

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

Hey Brett I was looking over you problem here it sounds pretty bad! All I can say I have also had trouble with this but it could be as simple as turning on and off the Router. I also have a wireless router but my connection is through a cable it could be that you should trya cable see if it works then, and if you are already using a cable try adjusting the cable while it is inserted not to hard but just a little make sure it is securely in and then test connecting ot xbox live! I hope I was of some assisstance and that if you need anything again let me know!

Always here to help xbox ambassador, mud116!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.