cant connect to xbox live with wired cable..

i have a xbox 360 slim, i can connect to wireless internet perfectly fine but i cant connect via wired connection. i know it is reading the cable as i can connect to network but when it tries to connect to interent it fails every time. my internet has a password but when i tried entering that along with the user name under additional settings it doesnt even connect to network... im totall lost please could someone help me as i am out of ideas. please help anyone

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Thanks for the info Bob! The first thing I'd like you to check on is the UPnP status. I found this manual online for your router. On page 30 it shows how to check the UPnP setting. If it is not already, try enabling this setting and try connecting again.

Also, in researching this issue, I found some talk about needing to input information from your ISP into the console when setting up the connection. This data, called PPPoE, is the username and password that you use to connect to the internet through your provider. Does this sound familiar at all? If you do not have this information, can you contact your ISP and see if they can help you out there?

Once you have this info, follow these steps to enter it on the console:

1. Navigate to the Settings Hub on the Dashboard. Select System.
  2. Select Network Settings from the list.
  3. Select the wired network connection.
  4. Select Configure Network from the list.
  5. Scroll right to Additional Settings and select the first area, labeled PPPoE Settings.
  6. Enter in the information provided by your ISP.
  7. Test your connection and see if it works.

Let us know if that helps at all. We'll be standing by!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Greetings, king supabob. Are you connecting your console directly to your modem using an ethernet cable? Could you do me a favor and read this sticky and fill out the information at the bottom in bold for me: forums.xbox.com/.../155724.aspx ? That would be a big help! Standing by.

Sorry this didn't help.

What Country/State/Province do you live in? South Africa , Kwazulu Natal

Modem brand & model number: Telkom Mega 105WR.  I have a modem with a built in Router, I have plug my Ethernet cable straight into that.

Router brand & model number:  as above

If Wireless, are you using a white or black external adapter, or an internal (Xbox 360S) adapter?

Things you have tried:

Is UPnP Enabled? Yes/no/Unknown Unknown

Do you have a NAT error? If so, what is your NAT? I don't know what this is, internet says it's a port number on the router/modem. I just plugged it into any port (it says E2 by the port if this helps hahaha)

Any Error Codes you encounter:  

Who is your ISP(Internet Service Provider)? Telkom SA

After you run "Test Xbox LIVE connection" press “Y” for "More Info”. In the pop-up that appears, what are the following values, if shown? (If a value below does not appear for you, just leave it blank.)

W: 0000 - 000B

X: 0000 - F001

Y: 0000 - 0000

Z: 0000 - 0000

ID: FFFF -FFFF

L: 8015 - 1000

Q: 8007 - 0435

T:  Wired

A: 10.0.0.6 / 255.255.255.0            

G: 10.0.0.2                                                                                                         

D: 10.0.0.2 / 0.0.0.0

S:

C:

It connects as far as network but doesnt connect to internet then fails. hope this helps

Sorry this didn't help.