Cant connect to xbox live thru my laptop, help please?

ive always played xboxlive thru my laptop with an ethernet cable cause my router and modem is upstairs. ive ahd no problem with live until one day it just decided it wont let me connec tot xbox live and there s nuthing wrong with anything.

ive checked my that my DHCP is on and the ports are being accepted which is port 3074. and i made sure it was defintely letting the ports in  by going to my router web page 192.168.1.1  manually and putting the ports in and it still dont work. i didnt even need to do the port manually caue it was already accepting the port,  it just wont let me play live anymore idk why. i have screwed with anythin at all. i went thru all the troubleshooting procedures on the xbox website still nuthing. ive manually put in my address and dns and still nuthing. ive set to factory default and unplugged my router and modem  for 50seconds and still nuthing ive did everything possible and still cant connect, for what reason i have no clue but its getting ridiculous now. my ethernet cable works to theres nuthing wrong with it ive checked that to

it jsut keep giving the ip address of 169 but my dhcp is on so idk what its problem is. my aunts xbox connects fine just not mine.

XBOX>---------NETWORK>------------INTERNET>---------------XBOVLIVE

it gets stuck on the first part between the xbox and network.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

Hi,

Please look at one or both of these guides for help on this set-up:-

support.microsoft.com/.../978618

www.unofficialguidetolive.co.uk/xbox-ics-bridging-guide

Thanks

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.