Cant connect to xbox live more than once a day!

I have a problem connecting to xbox live sometimes. My xbox recently has run into a problem and will only let me sign into xbox live once a day, for example if i play on it in the morning and then switch it off to go to work if i come back later and switch it on it wont connect back to xbox live. I tried re-booting the modem and wirless connection and the internet on my computer is still working perfectly well its just my xbox wont connect :S Has anyone else had this problem? if so have you managed to fix it or has anyone got any ideas? Thank you :) 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

If you could check this post out:

http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/f/9/t/9.aspx 

post back the answers to the questions it has so we know what's involved, also if you have any non MS brand headsets like Turtle Beach units, make sure the base station is as far away as the USB cord lets it be.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

That is different.  Have not run into that issue before.  

My first guess would be to look at your router. Many routers have "time calendars" in them, which allow the owner to set certain times that the Internet can be accessed by certain machines.   Make sure there are none of those things setup in  your router.  

Also, "Family Settings" in the Xbox can be setup to limit the times and Xbox can be used online.   So you might check to see if there are any settings in your Xbox for that.

Still, another possibility is that some software on a PC or Laptop, in your home,  is interfering with the Xbox and that software is typically running at a certain time of day.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.