Can't connect to xbox live. MD Fios issue?

Up until yesterday I never had an issue connecting to xbox live.  I've made no changes to my setup nor have I added any additional hardware to my home network. My xbox connects to the internet, but won't complete the connection to xbox live.

Can someone provide the DNS settings - Primary and secondary DNS settings

Do I need to change my DNS settings.  They are set to automatically detect on my xbox 360.

Here are some details of my setup, which has not changed.

1. Xbox 360 has and has always been set to automatically detect IP address, subnet mask,

2. I have my xbox 360 set up with a wired connection directly to the wireless gateway verizon provided (Actiontec MI424WR)

3. I have my xbox 360 set as a DMZ host so that the IP address is static on my router settings.

Troubleshooting steps taken with no resolution to the issue:

1. Rebooted router several times.

2. Cleared xbox 360 memory cache.

3. Checked port forwarding for the following:

4. Made sure the following network ports are open on the firewall:

a. Port 88 (UDP)

b. Port 3074 (UDP and TCP)

c. Port 53 (UDP and TCP)

d .Port 80 (TCP)

Any suggestions?

Someone on these forums suggested renewing an IP address would just renew it on the computer.  It wouldn't renew the IP address on the fios router. 

I'm having the same issue as well.  Fios in MD.  Here's a thread I started on Verizon's site for more information.

My username on that forum is CapnCrunch

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/FiOS-Internet/Xbox-live-connection-issues-DNS-settings-Primary-and-secondary/m-p/320381/highlight/false

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 12 Applies to:

Have you called your Provider?  It might be a temporary problem on their end.  

I would not suggest changing your DNS settings.  I doubt they have anything to do with your issues.

Now, typically you don't want to have Ports open in your firewall  AND  have a DMZ setup at the same time.  In some routers that can cause some issues.   I would suggest that you use one or the other, but not both.

It could also be a "regional" problem.  Lots of bad weather going on accross the country.  Floods and other stuff could be causing some difficulty getting a connection to places on the net.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I had a lot of issues until i tweaked the router settings just right.

Try to use these settings and see what happens:                                                                           forums.verizon.com/.../359599

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.