Up until yesterday I never had an issue connecting to xbox live. I've made no changes to my setup nor have I added any additional hardware to my home network. My xbox connects to the internet, but won't complete the connection to xbox live.
Can someone provide the DNS settings - Primary and secondary DNS settings
Do I need to change my DNS settings. They are set to automatically detect on my xbox 360.
Here are some details of my setup, which has not changed.
1. Xbox 360 has and has always been set to automatically detect IP address, subnet mask,
2. I have my xbox 360 set up with a wired connection directly to the wireless gateway verizon provided (Actiontec MI424WR)
3. I have my xbox 360 set as a DMZ host so that the IP address is static on my router settings.
Troubleshooting steps taken with no resolution to the issue:
1. Rebooted router several times.
2. Cleared xbox 360 memory cache.
3. Checked port forwarding for the following:
4. Made sure the following network ports are open on the firewall:
a. Port 88 (UDP)
b. Port 3074 (UDP and TCP)
c. Port 53 (UDP and TCP)
d .Port 80 (TCP)
Someone on these forums suggested renewing an IP address would just renew it on the computer. It wouldn't renew the IP address on the fios router.
I'm having the same issue as well. Fios in MD. Here's a thread I started on Verizon's site for more information.
My username on that forum is CapnCrunch